Vegetable Stir Fry
You'll never guess the secret ingredient in this stir fry. It's orange marmalade!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 , 10-ounce bag snow peas
- 1/2 a large Napa cabbage, shredded into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained, patted dry
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and stir.
- Preheat Cast Iron Mini Wok over medium-high heat for 10 minutes while you chop vegetables.
- When everything is ready, turn
heatup to high and add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok.
- Stir fry carrots and onions until they soften and are charred on the edges, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove carrots and onions. Add another tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Cook until reduced by half and golden brown.
- Remove mushrooms from the wok and add snow peas. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until just charred.
- Remove snow peas from the wok and add the final tablespoon of oil. Add whites of cabbage first and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add greens and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add sauce and stir until reduced by half, 1-2 minutes. Then return all the vegetables to the pan. Toss to coat, add water chestnuts. Serve immediately over rice.