Sweet Potato Hash
Can't decide if you want sweet or savory for breakfast? You can have both with this hash. We replaced the traditional potato with sweet potatoes to lighten the onion, aromatic rosemary, and mouth-watering garlic for a delectable start to the day.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 ½ pounds or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups olive oil, divided
- Cover sweet potatoes with water in a large pot. Bring to boil for 5 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Drain and remove the skin.
- Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Toss with salt, garlic powder, paprika, and ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add potatoes and cook until browned on the first side, 3-5 minutes. Add peppers, onions, and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Cook, stirring often, until the veggies are browned on all sides, 10 minutes. Stir in fresh rosemary and serve.*
*Pro Tip: Top with sunny side eggs for a morning burst of protein!