Simple Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread
This easy three-ingredient cast iron skillet cornbread is as simple as it gets and makes a great base for adding more adventurous flavors.
Cheddar cheese and jalapeños, avocados and bacon, blue cheese and buffalo chicken, or cranberries and oranges are all tasty ways you could modify this classic recipe. Of course, it's just as tasty served warm from the skillet with butter or honey!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 cup white, self-rising cornmeal
- 1 egg
- Enough buttermilk to make batter very thin (about 1 cup)
- Oil a small cast iron skillet and place it in the oven as oven preheats to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together to make the batter. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.