What better way to enjoy potatoes than to fry them in a hot skillet and top them with your favorite condiments and herbs? The perfect potato latke is golden and crispy on the outside, and soft and buttery on the inside.
Prep Time10-15 minutes
Cook Time5 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Gradually preheat an 12 Inch Skillet on medium heat. Grate the potato using a box grater and place the shreds into a strainer.
- Rinse the shreds until the water runs clear, about 30 seconds.
- Working in handfuls, squeeze all the water out of the potatoes and place into a bowl. Add flour, salt, and pepper and toss together.
- Add the butter or cooking oil to your skillet. Scoop a heaping spoonful of potato mixture onto the skillet and smooth it flat. Repeat until skillet is full.
- Cook latkes without disturbing until fully browned on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Flip, and cook another 4-5 minutes, until the latke is well-browned.