Grilled Romaine with Pine Nut Vinaigrette
Ready to elevate your salad game? Grill thick slices of romaine in a cast iron pan and drizzle with homemade pine nut vinaigrette for a crowd-pleasing side.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1/2 cup (plus 2 tablespoons) pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Pine Nut Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor until well blended, 1 minute.
- With the food processor running, pour in olive oil in steady stream until the vinaigrette reaches desired consistency.
- Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat, 5 minutes.
- Brush all sides of the lettuce with olive oil. Season lightly with salt.
- Grill lettuce in batches, 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Drizzle vinaigrette and garnish with remaining pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.