To get in the Bonnaroo spirit, try this colorful spin on a traditional cornbread recipe and radiate positivity!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Assorted food coloring colors
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. While oven is preheating, pour ¼ cup of oil into a 10.25 Inch Skillet and place in oven.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl (except food coloring). Separate ½ cup of the combined cornmeal batter and set aside into various bowls according to how many different colors you'd like to make.
- Add desired food coloring to the ½ cup separated cornmeal, and place each color into separate plastic bags. Set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the hot oil into the white cornmeal mixture. Stir together. Pour white cornmeal mixture into the skillet.
- Trim the corner off the plastic bags with colored cornmeal. Quickly pipe small amounts of colorful cornmeal on top of the white cornmeal. Using toothpicks, swirl the colorful cornmeal into your desired pattern.
- Place skillet inside the oven and bake for 25–30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Enjoy!