Beef & Broccoli
For this recipe, you can use an inexpensive cut of meat from the bottom of a cow such as flap , flank, or skirt steak. Marinating the meat in soy sauce and baking soda tenderizes and seasons it, turning it into a great date-night meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ¾ pound steak
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Florets from 1 large broccoli head
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons vegetable oil
- green onions and sesame seeds to serve
- Cut steak into ¼-inch strips against the grain and marinate in a bowl with ¼ cup soy sauce and baking soda. Set aside for 15 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat Cast Iron Mini Wok in the oven or over medium high heat.
- Combine remaining soy sauce with cornstarch, then add garlic, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil to make
- Drain steak and shake dry.
- Pour ⅓ cup water into the skillet and turn the heat to high. Add broccoli and steam until the water is gone or until the broccoli is cooked to your preference. Drain and set on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Add vegetable oil and swirl it around in the pan. Wait until it is smoking, then add steak. Do not move steak for one minute.
- Toss steak around in the pan for one additional minute. Remove from the wok.
- Pour sauce into the wok and bring it to a boil. Return steak and toss with sauce until thickened.
- Return broccoli to the wok and quickly coat it in
. Serve immediately with sauce sliced green onions and sesame seeds over rice. thin