Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Transform the classic twice baked potato recipe into a cheesy bacon-topped casserole. This easy dish delivers all the flavors of traditional twice baked potatoes without the hassle.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time1.5 hours
Cook it With Our
- 12 medium potatoes
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked bacon, chopped and divided
- ½ cup chopped scallions, divided
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a fork, poke holes in potatoes and then wrap individually in foil and bake until tender, around 1 hour.
- After potatoes are tender, remove from foil, cut in half, and scrape the potato out of the skin into a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, heavy cream, milk, cream cheese, melted butter, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper to potatoes and stir to combine.
- After well combined, add ¼ cup scallions and ½ pound bacon and mix well.
- Spread potato mixture evenly into a 3.6 Quart Casserole Dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese and remaining bacon.
- Bake, rotating once, until top is slightly browned, 20-30 minutes.
- After baking, garnish with remaining scallions.