Maple Bacon Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
This side dish is beautiful and knockout delicious, making it perfect for the Thanksgiving table, but easy enough for everyday.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Cook it With Our
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat a 12 Inch Cast Iron Pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, then cook bacon until done, about 10 minutes. Drain the grease from the pan and set aside.
- Make horizontal slices in the sweet potatoes about ¼ inch apart, being careful not to slice all the way through to the bottom.
- Place potatoes in the cast iron pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Add ¼ cup water to the bottom of the pan, and cover. Steam potatoes in covered pan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make maple spice mixture. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- After potatoes have finished steaming, remove lid from the pan and bake in oven on middle rack for 35 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and turn it up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spoon maple spice mixture into each sliver of potatoes, sprinkle with bacon and a pinch of salt, and bake for 15 more minutes.