Drunken Rice Noodles With Pork
This fragrant stir fry recipe calls for an entire cup of fresh basil to complement the spice from the Thai chili peppers and savory pork.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1, 7-ounce package dried medium rice noodles
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Thai chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- 2 boneless pork chops, thinly sliced and marinated in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce for 5 minutes
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup water, as needed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into ¼" strips
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Cover noodles with warm water for 10 minutes, or according to package instructions, then drain water, and set aside.
- Gradually heat Stir Fry Skillet to medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat for 1 minute. Add garlic and chilies. Use a wide metal spatula to stir until the mixture is fragrant and the garlic starts to turn color, about 1 minute.
- Add the pork and stir until cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Add the drained noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, white pepper, and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until noodles are almost soft, 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper strips and snow peas. Cook 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the basil, and serve immediately.