Classic Buffalo Hot Wings
Fried or grilled? Either way, these crispy hot wings bathed in classic buffalo sauce are perfect for game day parties and backyard barbecues.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup cayenne based hot sauce (like Frank's RedHot or Louisiana)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (optional)
- Pat wings dry with paper towels. In a 5 Quart Dutch Oven, heat oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully add wings to hot oil using tongs, being careful not to overcrowd the Dutch Oven.
- Deep fry until crispy and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. For crispier wings, cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Place wings in a bowl and toss in sauce.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place wings in a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Mix well. Coat with 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Oil grill grates, and lower temperature to medium.
- Cook wings until crispy and cooked through, turning often, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove wings from grill and place in a heat-safe bowl and toss in sauce.
- Melt butter in an 8 Inch Skillet.
- Add hot sauce, white vinegar, and optional Tabasco.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.