Boursin Garlic Swirls
Light and fluffy bread dough gets a cheesy twist with these Boursin garlic bread swirls. This cheese-filled bread makes the perfect side dish for spaghetti and pasta.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time35 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, heated to 110 degrees Fahrenheit
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten and room temperature
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Boursin cheese at room temperature
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Melted butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Combine milk and sugar in a stand mixer with a hook attachment. Add yeast and allow to sit, 10 minutes. Add salt, butter, egg, and garlic, and mix together. Add flour ½ cup at a time.
- Knead on medium speed, 5-7 minutes. Dough should pull away from the bowl. Transfer to a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a damp towel. Let rise, 1 hour.
- Whip Boursin cheese, butter, and salt together. Punch the dough down. Transfer to a floured work surface. Roll out to a ¼-inch thick rectangle. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the dough and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Roll lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in a well-greased, 7 inch skillet. Cover with plastic wrap and a damp towel and place in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake swirls for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Brush again with melted butter, top with parsley, and sprinkle with salt.