White Beans & Chorizo
For an elevated twist on traditional pork and beans, this dish pairs sweet Italian sausage with white beans and a turnip for added texture and complexity. Makes for a hearty lunch or dinner on a cold day.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped in large chunks
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1, 14.5-ounce can cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 links sweet Italian sausage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together ¼ cup oil, onion, turnip, beans, lemon juice, tarragon, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Transfer to an 8 x 8 baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan and sear sausage to a deep golden brown color, 4 minutes per side. Add the sausage links in the baking dish and roast until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tarragon and serve in baking dish.