Tennessee White Chili
This laid back white chili recipe with beans and cilantro is best enjoyed with with a warm skillet full of cornbread.
Prep Time5-8 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 3 , 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans (do not drain)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chicken broth (optional)
- Shredded monterey jack cheese and crushed tortilla chips for garnish
- Heat the oil in a 5 Quart Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring a few times, until tender.
- Stir in the chicken, beans, cilantro, cumin, salt, and cayenne and simmer for 30 minutes. If you like, you can add chicken broth as you prefer.
- Serve the chili in bowls sprinkled with the cheese and crushed tortillas.