Strawberries & Cream Skillet Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is a classic dessert, but we’ve reinvented it for breakfast with fresh strawberries and maple syrup. Serve with dollop of Greek yogurt.
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook Time70 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Cabot Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pound sourdough bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon softened Cabot unsalted butter
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon turbinado or coarse sanding sugar
- Whipped cream and maple syrup for serving
- Whisk eggs, milk, Cabot Greek Vanilla Yogurt, half-and-half and vanilla in a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk until combined. Add bread and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 10.25 Inch Skillet with butter.
- Re-stir the bread mixture. Spread half of the bread mixture into the bottom of the skillet. Top with about ¾ of the strawberries. Top with the remaining bread mixture and any remaining batter from the bowl can be drizzled over the top. Spritz a square of parchment paper (roughly 10 x 10 inches) with cooking spray. Lay the parchment paper, spray side down over the bread pudding. Cover tightly over the edges with foil and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until steaming hot, and puffed in the center, 40-50 minutes. Remove parchment paper and foil and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Return to the oven and bake until the top is browned, 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 10-30 minutes before serving with the remaining strawberries, maple syrup and whipped cream.