Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Shells
This recipe makes two casserole dishes full of stuffed shells. If you want to make just one dish, you can put the extra filling into ramekins and freeze them- it’s spinach artichoke dip!
Prep Time30 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 30 jumbo pasta shells
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs such as green onion, parsley, or chives (optional)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup water or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Blanch shells according to package directions. Don’t forget to salt the water generously.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together ricotta, cream cheese, mayo, garlic, spinach, artichokes and parmesan.
- Using your hands, stuff mixture into shells. If you're making just one dish of shells, place half of the stuffed shells on a baking sheet to freeze. When they’re completely solid, you can put them in a freezer bag.
- Pour half the jar of marinara and 2 tablespoons wine into an 8x8 Inch Square Stoneware Baking Dish. Reserve the rest of the sauce and wine for the second batch and repeat with an additional baking dish.
- Arrange shells into three tight rows in the sauce and cover tightly with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake another 15 minutes, adding mozzarella during the last five if desired. Garnish with basil.