This classic spaghetti carbonara recipe features tender pasta tossed in a parmesan-egg sauce with pancetta and peas for an easy dinner any day of the week.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of the water, then drain.
- Heat a 10.25 Inch Skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy, 3 minutes. Turn off the heat
- Whisk the eggs and the cheese together in a small bowl.
- Turn the skillet to medium and add ¼ cup of reserved pasta water and peas. Add the spaghetti to the pan and toss.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the egg mixture. Stir quickly until the eggs begin to thicken the sauce. Add more reserve pasta water as desired.
- Seasoned with cracked black pepper and salt. Serve immediately.