Prep Time30 minutes
Cook Time1.5 hours
Cook it With Our
- 3 1/4 cups (16.25 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (10 ounces)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter (3 melted, 4 softened)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for bread
- 1, 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound low-moisture mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well, then slowly add water and melted butter until the dough ball comes together. Knead this for 8-10 minutes until the dough is glossy and smooth. Alternatively, in a mixer, beat dough for 5-6 minutes with the dough hook on medium.
- Let ball of dough rise in a lightly oiled bowl for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to roughly a 16 x 12 rectangle.
- Spread on softened butter leaving about ½ inch around the edges of the dough.
- Roll up the dough like a cigar. Fold dough over itself into thirds. Pinch the seams around the dough to form a ball.
- Let dough rise a second time in your fridge for 1 hour.
- Stir together ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. Feel free to adjust flavors to your liking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll dough ball into about a 15-inch diameter circle.
- Add pizza dough to a 12 Inch Carbon Steel Skillet. Work the dough up the sides and make a crust. Mush the dough into all the corners of the pan and crimp it around the edges.
- Add sliced mozzarella cheese to the bottom, followed by your marinara sauce. You can add all the sauce for a very saucy pie, or ½-⅔ of it if you want a less saucy pizza.
- Add small chunks of sweet Italian sausage (uncooked), sliced peppers, sliced onions, and grated asiago cheese. Season the pizza with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 55-60 minutes. Let cooked pizza rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.