The boozy flavor of this cake is perfectly offset by the crunch of the pecans. Plus, it's easy to bake as 1, 2, 3!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time55 minutes
Cook it With Our
- Baker's Joy spray
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped, divided
- 1 18-ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 ounce package Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup dark rum
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease Fluted Cake Pan with Baker’s Joy.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans on bottom of pan.
- Put cake mix and instant pudding mix into bowl. Beat in eggs, water, and oil, followed by rum and remaining pecans. Mix until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- When cake is nearly done baking, make the syrup. Melt butter, then whisk in water and sugar. Cook over medium low, stirring occasionally, until sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Remove from oven and immediately poke 20 holes into cake. Spoon half of the syrup over it.
- When cake is completely cool, flip onto a plate. Poke 20 more holes on the top and sides. Spoon and brush on all the remaining syrup. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.