Pork Roulade With Tomatoes and Pesto
Liven up your next meal adventure with this pork roulade recipe. Cherry tomatoes provide a bright pop of color on the plate (and on the palate) and are softened by the smooth nutty flavor of an easy, homemade pesto.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time18-20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Kitchen twine
- Basil ribbons for garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3-2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butterfly the pork loin. Cut it horizontally and be careful not to slice it all the way through. Grab each sliced half and open to separate the meat. Lightly pound to ½-inch thickness.
- Spread the pesto over the pork loin and sprinkle with tomatoes. Roll the loin and tie with kitchen twine. Season all sides with salt and pepper and sprinkle extra quartered tomatoes on top.
- Preheat Chef Collection Square Griddle over medium-high heat, 5 minutes. Sear pork 1–2 minutes on all sides, then bake in oven 10-12 minutes (or until cooked through). Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Remove the twine and slice.
- Pulse pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and basil in a food processor until combined, about 1 minute.
- With the food processor on, slowly add olive oil until the pesto becomes smooth, about 1 minute.