Perfectly Grilled Chicken Breasts
Grilled chicken breasts are a classic every cook should know how to make. But because they’re so lean they often dry out, becoming rubbery and tough. A simple salt-sugar brine is the perfect solution. Salt tenderizes the meat by breaking down tough proteins, and sugar adds flavor and helps the meat brown, guaranteeing a juicy, tender chicken breast that can pair with just about anything.
Prep Time1.5 hours
Cook Time18-20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 2 ice cubes
- Dissolve salt and sugar in the water and soak chicken for 30-60 minutes. (Careful not to soak too long, which can make the meat taste too salty!)
- Preheat a Square Cast Iron Grill Pan on medium-high for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain chicken, pat dry, and rub with olive oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Sear chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Add ice cubes to the pan and move to the oven. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting.