Pan-seared Scallops with Lemon and Thyme
A fancy, mouth-watering meal doesn't have to be complicated. This dish features perfectly seared scallops, accented by a simple brown butter, lemon, and thyme sauce guaranteed to make you want just one more bite.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 10-12 large sea scallops
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in griddle over medium-high heat, 4-5 minutes. Sear scallops for 2-3 minutes without disturbing. Use a fish spatula to carefully flip scallops and cook for an additional 1-2 min.
- Remove scallops from the griddle and allow to rest. Drain excess oil from the pan and return to medium heat.
- Add butter to griddle and allow to brown, 2-3 minutes. Add fresh thyme sprigs. Whisk in lemon juice until incorporated. Spoon brown butter sauce over scallops. Serve.