Pan Pork With Rapid Ratatouille
The pork loin in this dish is seared before it's baked to lock in moisture. Serve over small browned squash, zucchini, and tomatoes for a colorful and tasty meal.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time25-30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1, 2 1/2-pound boneless pork loin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups small-diced mixed pattypan squase and zucchini
- 1 cup diced, ripe tomatoes
- Big pinch of torn fresh herbs (like basil, parsley, or thyme)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper.
- Place a 12 Inch Skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil and sear the pork loin on all sides. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the pork is cooked through but still juicy, about 25 minutes (155 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant-read thermometer). Remove the meat to a cutting board to rest.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add the butter, and let it melt, stirring frequently to scrape up any browned bits of meat. When the butter is foaming slightly, add the shallot and garlic, stirring quickly to wilt. As soon as you can smell the aromatics (about 1½ minutes), add the squash and stir to coat with the flavored butter. Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes, stirring a few times. Add the tomatoes and herbs; stir only once or twice to wilt the tomatoes and release the aroma of the herbs.
- Spoon the ratatouille onto serving plates and top with slices of the pork roast.