This cornbread recipe has been in the Lodge family for decades. We love it because the addition of creamed corn keeps the cornbread moist and prevents it from drying out. We made this recipe on the day of the total eclipse in August of 2017, planted a flag in it, and affectionately nicknamed it moon bread!
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time35 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 cup self-risinig cornmeal
- 1 8-ounce can, creamed corn
- ½ cup canola oil, separated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While oven is preheating, pour ¼ cup of oil into a 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet and place in oven to preheat.
- Mix all ingredients together. Using handle holders, remove skillet from the oven (it will be very hot!), pour the hot oil into the cornmeal mixture, and stir together.
- Pour cornmeal mix into hot skillet and bake for 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.