Grilled Shrimp With Garlic Oil
This quick shrimp dish gets the royal herb treatment with an oregano, parsley, garlic oil. Ask your fishmonger to peel and devein for you.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time5 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds (40-50) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a medium bowl, mix ⅓ cup parsley, ¼ cup oil, oregano, lemon juice, zest, garlic, salt, cayenne, and onion powder. Set aside for later.
- In a preheated cast iron, add 2 tablespoons oil and sear the shrimp on one side until golden brown, 3 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic-herb oil and cook until aromatic, 1 minute.
- Transfer the shrimp onto a serving platter and garnish with remaining parsley.