Frosted Pound Cake
This classic frosted pound cake has just a hint of lemon to keep the flavor fresh and light. To add a little fun, fill the center of your cake with your favorite fruit!
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook Time50-55 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 tablespoon Baker's Joy or butter
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease fluted cake pan with butter or Baker's Joy.
- Beat remaining butter and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute. Add vanilla. On a high speed, mix in one egg at a time, followed by lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. With mixer on a low speed, add dry ingredients to wet.
- Spoon batter into fluted cake pan and smooth the top with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the edges are golden and pulling away from the pan. Let rest for 10 minutes before turning out, then let cool at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Gently beat melted butter into powdered sugar.
- Add water and salt. Beat on high just until it comes together and immediately spoon over cooled cake.