Easy Pumpkin Pie
Skip the pumpkin spice and let this flavorful, two-ingredient crust do all the work. All you need to make this simple pie is some spicy, crunchy, store bought gingersnap cookies and some melted butter! No rolling, transferring or crimping required. If you can’t find gingersnaps or don’t like ginger, reach for some cinnamon graham crackers instead.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups fine gingersnap crumbs (about 40-50 small cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream and nuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter together in pie plate and press to form crust.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip egg white until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat pumpkin, sugar, milk, salt, vanilla and egg yolk until smooth, then fold in egg whites.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell and return to oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving, at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and nuts.