Citrus Pork With Charred Brussels Sprouts
Ready to add a new go-to recipe to your repertoire? We have just the thing. Pair a tender pork loin with crispy brussels for a one-skillet meal that's loaded with zesty, fresh flavor.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 pound pork loin, thinly sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, separated
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup cup cashews, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine sugar, rice vinegar, orange juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, orange zest, ginger, and garlic to make marinade. Place sliced pork loin in a large zipper top bag. Add marinade to bag and seal. Mix well with hands. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and honey to make sauce.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil until just smoking in a cast iron stir-fry skillet over medium high heat, about 5-7 minutes. Drain pork and pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade.
- Sear pork in 2-3 batches before making the brussels sprouts, approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Add oil as needed. Remove cooked pork from wok. Set aside.
- Add halved brussels and cook, tossing occasionally until charred, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt. Pour in sauce and continue to cook for 3 minutes, tossing to coat.
- Add cooked pork, cashews, and oranges, and heat through, stirring to coat, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve immediately.