Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
These dessert bars walk a delicious line between creamy chocolate fudge and pecan pie. Dark chocolate balances out the sweetness, but if you like it sweeter, just use milk chocolate instead. To make these bourbon pecan pie bars doubly delicious, grab an extra bar or two of chocolate and drizzle it over the pan after slicing.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time55 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup bourbon or strong coffee
- 2 cups chopped pecans (about a pound)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and mix well with sugar and salt. Fold in flour.
- Press the dough evenly into a 9 x 13 Baking Dish. Poke with a fork 10-12 times.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, finely chop chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until smooth, about a minute and a half.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk, followed by eggs, vanilla and bourbon. Add pecans last.
- Pour pecan mixture over pre-baked crust. Return to the oven and bake another 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool at least one hour before slicing. Drizzle extra chocolate over the top if desired.