Campfire Buttermilk Biscuits
A camp Dutch oven is an essential tool for a hearty breakfast by the campfire. These golden buttermilk biscuits are great under gravy, topped with butter and jam or paired with a bowl of chili.
Prep Time15-20 minutes
Cook Time12-15 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2.5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter (for top of biscuits)
- Grease and heat a Lodge Dutch Oven with 8 coals on the bottom and 17 coals on the top.
- Combine all ingredients. Knead the dough by hand until smooth. Pat the dough flat to ¾ inch thickness on waxed paper and punch out biscuits with a biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on the bottom of the hot Dutch oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate the oven and lid often to prevent burn spots. Remember, these will bake from the top down.
- Remove from heat and brush golden biscuits with ¼ cup melted butter.