Black Pepper Porterhouse Steaks with Rosemary Potatoes
Sometimes, black pepper and salt are all you need on a great steak. Couple that with fire-roasted rosemary potatoes and you've got one heck of an outdoor meal!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups Yukon Gold potatoes cut into wedges (about 5 potatoes)
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 porterhouse steaks
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Build a fire about twice the size of the Cook-It-All. When fire begins to start breaking down (wood becomes white hot), place the wok part of the Cook-It-All on the fire to preheat for 2-3 minutes. (This recipe can also be made with charcoal.)
- In wok side of the Cook-It-All, add olive oil, potatoes, onions, rosemary, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Pat dry porterhouse steaks and season using the freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt. Preheat the grill side of the Cook-It-All over fire for 2 minutes. Add porterhouse steaks to grill and let cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until your desired doneness. When steaks are 2 minutes away from being done, add 1 tablespoon butter on top of each.
- When done, pull steaks off grill and let rest for 10 minutes. If desired, season steaks with more salt, slice, serve with potatoes, and enjoy!