Any Day Pancakes
Fluffy, moist, and higher in protein than average pancakes, these tasty breakfast cakes are made with whole grain flours.
The tapioca flour/starch in this recipe is key, ensuring that the pancakes remain light despite nutritional heft. These pancakes are perfect for assembling large batches of a make-ahead mix. With the mix on hand, on any given morning breakfast can be ready in just a few minutes.
For the make-ahead mix, assemble a quadruple batch of the dry ingredients and store in an airtight jar at room temperature for up 3 months. When you are ready to cook the pancakes, measure out 1 heaping cup of the mix and place in a large bowl. Proceed with the recipe, adding the egg, butter, and milk in the amounts given.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon oat flour
- ¼ cup plus 1 heaping tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or olive oil
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Unsalted butter, for the pan
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour/starch, oat flour, rice flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir the egg, butter or olive oil, and milk together in a small bowl, add to the flour mixture, and mix with as few stirs as you need to get it all combined.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Spoon the batter into the pan, cooking a single pancake first to check if the pan is the correct temperature. Cook until the underside of the pancake is golden brown and air bubbles appear on top, about 1 minute. Flip and cook the second side until done. Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve immediately.