Submitted By Briana Malaspino
- Year Round
Ingredients for Steamed Spring Rolls
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 package of firm tofu
- 2 carrots
- 4 scallions
- 1 cup cabbage
- 2 stalks of celery
- 4 Thai spring roll wrappers
- Fresh basil leaves
Ingredients for Steamed Shrimp & Mussels in Garlic Butter
- 1 stick of butter
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- Scallions for garnish
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 3/4 lb mussels
Preparation Directions for Spring Rolls
- Preheat skillet of wok on Medium high heat with sesame oil.
- Cut tofu into strips about 4" x 1/2" x 1/2". Add to hot pan. Using a flexible spatula stir constantly to prevent sticking. Add soy sauce, stir till tofu is brown. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Cut carrots, cabbage, celery and scallions into long thin strips. Immerse spring roll wrappers in hot water, one or two at a time till soft (about one minute). Remove very carefully, wrappers tear easily. Dry on linen towels.
- Lay a strip of tofu in the center of the wrap. Add thinly sliced veggies and fresh basil leaves. Fold in both short ends of wrapper. Rolling ends around filling. Steam till wrapper is opaque.