DescriptionExcerpted from "Barbecue Biscuits and Beans" by Bill Cauble and Cliff Teinert – Bright Sky Press
Be careful. This is one of those recipes so good that people begin to expect it from you after the word gets out.
- Year Round
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat Dutch oven to 350°.
- Melt butter and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Grease a 10-inch round, deep cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Spread crust in pan and bake for 20 minutes until crust is puffy and light brown.
- Remove from oven and press down fluffy spots and corners.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup Karo light syrup
- 1 cup sorghum molasses or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Combine eggs, brown sugar, syrup and molasses. Stir until smooth.
- Add flour and stir until well blended and smooth.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour filling in crust and bake 45 minutes at around 360°.