Recipe from Crescent City Moons, Dishes and Spoons by the Junior League of New Orleans, LA
- Year Round / Brunch
- 1 stick butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails with their fat or 1 pound large (21-24 count) peeled, deveined Gulf shrimp
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh parsley plus additional for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning
- 16 ounces pasta of choices cooked al dente, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a 15" cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, green onion and celery and cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, parsley, salt and pepper and crab boil. Mix well. Simmer just until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Pour crawfish mixture over pasta in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.