Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jude Tauzin, Village Cafe, Lafayette
- Year Round
Ingredients for Fish
- 4 5-ounce amberjack filets
- 2 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Herbs and Spices Seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients for Crawfish Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere's More Spice seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups washed greens or lettuces of choice
- 4 small red radishes, thinly sliced
Preparation Directions for Fish (video)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Season fish with Tony's seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil into a 12" Signature Series skillet set over high heat.
- When pan is smoking add amberjack. Reduce heat to medium-high. Allow fish to caramelize, about 2 minutes. Flip fish and repeat.
- Place fish in oven to complete cooking, about 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Preparation Directions for Vinaigrette
- Add butter to a saute pan set over high heat. Add crawfish tails and toss occasionally until heated though.
- Season with Tony's seasoning. Remove from heat. Add Creole mustard and rice wine vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil.
Preparation Directions Presentation
- Divide greens evenly among 4 plates.
- Top with fish and divide vinaigrette evenly among plates.
- Scatter radishes atop. Serve.