Courtesy of Chef Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery, New Orleans, LA
- Year Round / Brunch
Ingredients for Shrimp
- 1/4 cup raw smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 20 jumbo Gulf shrimp (10-12 count) peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup roasted shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1-1/2 cups stone ground grits
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preparation Directions (video)
- Add bacon to a 10" Signature Series skillet set over medium-high heat and render until crispy, about 6 minutes. Quickly add shallots and garlic. Sweat until vegetables are limp, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine, shrimp, and water. Cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add thyme, green onions, mushrooms, and butter. When butter has melted, adjust seasonings and serve over warm grits.
- Bring water, milk and butter to a boil in a 2 qt. Serving Pot set over medium-high heat.
- Slowly add grits, stirring constantly. reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep warm until ready to serve.