Submitted by Michelle Goodrich.
- Year Round
- 2 cups of fresh ground soft wheat flour (or unbleached flour or half and half)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butter powdered sugar
- (optional) chocolate chips
- (optional) chopped apples
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside. Mix together the buttermilk, egg yokes, and vanilla. Set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the buttermilk mixture in flour mixture. Then fold in egg whites. Set aside, and heat up a Pro-Logic Aebleskiver pan on medium heat.
- Place a slab (1/2 T) of butter (real butter) in each round. Add enough batter to almost come to the top of the round. When the batter starts to bubble up on the sides, turn the batter 1/4 of the way around. (I use a wooden skewer to turn the batter) Cook each turn for about one minute. The cooking time varies. The first batch always takes longer then the rest.
- If you want to add chocolate chips or apples, place then in the round just before the first 1/4 turn. I add 4 to 6 chips in each round.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar. These freeze well. Enjoy.