Submitted By Briana Malaspino
- Year Round
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and halved (or pounded flat)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped Fresh lemon, sliced for garnish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour.
- In a 12" Signature Series skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add 2 pieces of chicken when butter/oil mixture starts to sizzle. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides. Remove chicken.
- Into the pan, add lemon juice, chicken stock and capers. Simmer, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Return chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and wine to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.